Google Analytics is a web analytics service used to track website activity such as session duration, pages per session, bounce rate etc. of individuals using the site, along with the information on the source of the traffic and site conversion (goals). Goals might include sales, lead generation, viewing a specific page, or downloading a particular file. Visit Website ▸
SegmentStream allows importing raw data from Google Analytics into your own Google BigQuery data warehouse for further processing and analysis.
- Inside the admin panel go to Google BigQuery ▸ Data Sources page and click Add data source.
- Choose Google Analytics from the list.
- Click Authenticate with Google and go through the authentication flow.
- Select Account, Property and View you would like to import the data from.
- Define Google BigQuery Destination table where imported data will be stored.
- Select up to 7 dimensions and up to 10 metrics you would like to import.
- Click Save.
Metrics and dimensions valid combinations
Not all dimensions and metrics can be queried together. Only certain dimensions and metrics can be used together to create valid combinations. We recommend using the Dimensions & Metrics Explorer to make sure that the settings used are valid.
Google Analytics Core Reporting API allows importing maximum of 7 dimensions and 10 metrics per query. If you need to import more dimensions and metrics you can always create an additional Google Analytics data source.
This document was last updated on July 22, 2020. If you notice any gaps, outdated information or simply want to leave some feedback to help us improve our documentation, please let us know!