Criteo data source
Before you begin
Make sure you have Admin rights for the Criteo Account:
- Go to https://partners.criteo.com/.
- Create a new Organization (if it is not already created):
- Click the Create New App button:
- Fill in the Name and the Description fields and click Create App. Configure a new app:
- Navigate to the Service section, choose Marketing solutions. Click Save:
- Navigate to the Authorization section, choose the Read value for every Domain in the row. Click Save:
- Navigate to the App Credentials section and click the Create new key button. The browser will download a text file with the New App credentials:
- Click Authorize App in the right upper corner:
- Click Generate URL and copy-paste it in the address bar of the browser.
- Scroll to the Portfolio Access section, choose the Account name and click Ok:
- Inside the admin panel click Add Data Source.
- Choose Criteo from the list.
- Open the downloaded file with the App Credentials and copy-paste Client Id and Client Secret.
- Enable required reports.
- Click Save.
UTM matching for campaigns
Currently, SegmentStream does not support automatic UTM matching for Criteo campaigns. This means that you would need to match Criteo campaigns manually inside the SegmentStream admin panel.
By default, the following matching applies for
This matching can be changed inside the admin panel by specifying appropriate values UTM source and UTM medium options.
For all your Criteo campaigns you need to define matching between the Campaign ID and UTM campaign.
For example, if you have a Criteo campaign with the Campaign ID =
123123123 with the following link to the website:
http://www.site.com/?utm_source=criteo&utm_medium=retargeting&utm_campaign=upper_funnel, the mapping should be the following:
This is how it might look inside the admin panel:
This document was last updated on March 8, 2021. If you notice any gaps, outdated information or simply want to leave some feedback to help us improve our documentation, please let us know!