Google Analytics 4 app event tracking is only available for projects using the Google BigQuery data warehouse.
To use app event data from Google Analytics 4 in SegmentStream, you need to first set up a Google Analytics 4 BigQuery export. Please follow this guide before proceeding.
Ensure that the data location of the BigQuery dataset used in SegmentStream matches the one configured in GA4.
Once the GA4 BigQuery Export is set up, data should start flowing to your BigQuery project within 24 hours. After that happens, you will be able to connect your Google Analytics 4 to SegmentStream.
Connecting Google Analytics 4 to SegmentStream
- Inside the admin panel navigate to Settings > Events Tracking.
- Click + ADD and select the Google Analytics 4 option.
- In the drawer that opens authorise your Google account.
- Select the account and property where your data is collected.
- Click Save.
- All event data exported to your BigQuery in the past 45 days will be processed by SegmentStream, and reports will become available. This process might take a couple of hours.