In this section you will learn:
- How to connect or disable RTB House on your site.
- How to check the correctness of the integration settings.
- How to configure the sending of custom segments.
RTB House is a dynamic retargeting system. SegmentStream allows you to send data about the behavior of your users to RTB House.
With the help of SegmentStream, you can fully integrate RTB House on your website: events, deduplication etc.
To setup the RTB House integration:
- Log in on the segmentstream.com website and go to the integration management panel
- Click on the “Integration” tab and click on the block with the RTB House logo.
- In the panel that opens, configure the integration.
You can read more details about the settings below.
For the correct operation of the integration of your site with RTB House - you must configure the filling of certain events in the
digitalData.events array. The list of events is as follows:
- Viewed Page
- Viewed Product Detail
- Viewed Product Listing
- Searched Products
- Started Order
- Updated Cart
- Viewed Cart
- Completed Transaction
It is also necessary to configure the filling of certain variables of the
digitalData object. A list of the variables is given below:
product- the product object occurs in several places of the
digitalDataobject: directly in
digitalData.product, in the
lineItemsarrays of the
- and others.
The ID of your account can be checked with your RTB House account manager
digitalData.user.email variable is filled, then we will automaticaly send a
uid matching the sha256 hash of that email.
RTB House allows you to send several custom tags with each event, which can contain the users segments or any other variables. To configure the transfer of a custom tag, you have to fill in 3 fields:
- Left - Enter the name of the custom tag that you want to pass data to.
- Center - Specify the data source:
- DigitalData. Any variable that is present in the digitalData object
- Event. Any variable of any event that is pushed to the
- Right - Specify the name or the value of the variable in the right field.
- If you want to completely disable retargeting for a specific segment of users - you need to create a numeric variable in the
digitalDataobject and insert its address into the integration configuration field. For example, for all users on which you want to disable retargeting, you pass the value 1 to the variable
digitalData.user.segment, and for the rest, 0. For more information about creating variables, see variables. In the left field of the setting input
useras a tag name, in the center drop-down select
DigitalDataand in the right field input
user.segment, as illustrated in the screenshot below.
- If you want to pass the value of the
subscriptionparameter of an event to a tag named
subscription, in the left field of the setting input
subscriptionas a tag name, in the center drop-down select
Eventand in the right field input
subscription, as illustrated in the screenshot below.
Deduplication is an attribution setting that can be sent to RTB House along with the order. By default, this feature is disabled. This means that RTB House uses its own attribution model to set up its own machine learning algorithms.
The attribution model is the rule by which the value of the conversion/(order value) is redistributed between all sources of traffic that led the user to the site before buying. There is a large number of attribution models, the most common of these is last non-direct click. When using this model of attribution - 100% of the conversion value will be assigned to the last indirect source of traffic. For example, if a user first came to the site from a search, then from RTB House, then typed the URL in the browser - the whole value of the order will be assigned to the source of “RTB House”.
If you use “own deduplication”, SegmentStream will remember the source (the value of the GET parameter utm_source). If this value is “rtb-house”, the transaction will be attributed to the RTB House source.
After configuring the integration in the SegmentStream interface, but before PUBLICATION - go to the site in test_mode, go through the conversion funnel and check for errors. If there are no errors - publish the current version.