Importing cost data from Google Sheets
This document describes how to import costs data from any advertisement network into BigQuery using Google Sheets document.
Imported data can be combined with other website data to improve ROI reporting by increasing the number of attributed conversions.
- Make sure that BigQuery is connected to SegmentStream.
SegmentStream can download costs sheet from Google Sheets and import its’ content into Google BigQuery.
|date||required||Reporting day in format YYYY-MM-DD (ISO 8601)||2020-04-03|
|cost||required||Total cost of spendings in the reporting day. Floating point number||1000.13|
|impressions||optional||Total number of impressions in the reporting day. Integer||10000|
|clicks||optional||Total number of impressions in the reporting day. Integer||1000|
|utmMedium||required||Value of the utm_medium URL parameter that is reported||cpa|
|utmSource||required||Value of the utm_source URL parameter that is reported||admitad|
|utmCampaign||optional||Value of the utm_campaign URL parameter that is reported||campaign1|
|utmTerm||optional||Value of the utm_term URL parameter that is reported||black_shoes|
|utmContent||optional||Value of the utm_content URL parameter that is reported||bottom_cta_button|
Here is the example of the valid Costs Sheet document ▸.
- Go to SegmentStream admin panel ▸.
- Open Data Sources ▸ Add Data Source.
- Select Google Sheets.
- Authenticate with your Google account that contains the sheet containing data that you want to upload to BigQuery.
- In the Google Spreadsheet URL field specify the URL of the sheet that you want to import.
- If you want to load data only from a specific range, type it in the Range field. Otherwise leave it empty.
- If you want to define column types in resulting BigQuery table, you can use Column types field for that. By default all of the columns will be of String type.
- In the Destination table name field specify the BigQuery table name that will contain imported sheet data.
❗️You can find more information on the data source fields in the documentation ▸.
During the next 24 hours your data will be uploaded to the corresponding BigQuery table.
This document was last updated on May 29, 2020. If you notice any gaps, outdated information or simply want to leave some feedback to help us improve our documentation, please let us know!