Google Sheets data source
Using Google Sheets data source is a universal way to inport aby type of data into Google BigQuery even if you didn’t find appropriate data source inside the SegmentStream admin panel.
- Inside the admin panel go to Data Sources page and click Add data source.
- Choose Google Sheets from the list.
- Click Authenticate with Google and go through the authentication flow.
- Paste the URL of the Google Sheet you would like to import the data from.
- Optionally, apply a specific cell range you would like to import (i.e. A1:E22 or A:E).
- Optionally, map column names to specific BigQuery data types. Otherwise, data type STRING will be used for unmapped columns.
- Define the name of destination table in BigQuery.
- Click Save.
Google Sheets file requirements
- The first row should contain column names.
- Data type should be consistent for each column.
Importing cost data
Importing cost data requires a predefined format of the Google Sheet file. Please follow this guide for more detail.
This document was last updated on October 22, 2020. If you notice any gaps, outdated information or simply want to leave some feedback to help us improve our documentation, please let us know!