Criteo data source
Before you begin
Make sure that you’ve created an API user in the Criteo Management Center.
- Go to https://marketing.criteo.com/.
- Log in, click Setup ▸ Users.
- Click CREATE API USER.
- Enter an email address and select the “Business Manager” user role.
- Click Add user.
- A confirmation window will open, containing your Client ID and Client Secret, which are required to connect to the Criteo API.
- Inside the admin panel click Add Data Source.
- Choose Criteo from the list.
- Authenticate using your API user Client ID and Client Secret.
- Click Save.
UTM matching for campaigns
Currently, SegmentStream does not support automatic UTM matching for Criteo campaigns. This means that you would need to match Criteo campaigns mannually inside the SegmentStream admin panel.
By default, the following matching applies for
This matching can be changed inside the admin panel by specifying appropriate values UTM source and UTM medium options.
For all your Criteo campaigns you need to define matching between the Campaign ID and UTM campaign.
For example, if you have a Criteo campaign with the Campaign ID =
123123123 with the following link to the website:
http://www.site.com/?utm_source=criteo&utm_medium=retargeting&utm_campaign=upper_funnel, the mapping should be the following:
This is how it might look inside the admin panel:
This document was last updated on July 20, 2020. If you notice any gaps, outdated information or simply want to leave some feedback to help us improve our documentation, please let us know!