Google Analytics 360 Data Stream
With Google Analytics 360 you can export session and hit data from a Google Analytics 360 account to BigQuery, and then use this data for SegmentSteam’s marketing analytics and attribution.
- Make sure BigQuery export is enabled for you Google Analytics 360 account.
- Grant BigQuery access for your GCP project where GA360 data is stored for the SegmentStream support team.
Custom dimensions setup
In most cases, typical GA360 setup filters out different query parameters (i.e fbclid, etc) from the URL to make analytics in your GA360 UI more structured.
This leads to losing these parameters in your Google BigQuery data. As a workaround, it is required to send the full URL of each page in a separrate custom dimension.
Below you can find a step-by-step tutorial on how to do this.
- Create a new custom dimension inside your Google Analytics 360 account with the name Full URL and Scope - Hit:
- Once created, remember the number of the custom dimension, you will need it in further steps:
- Inside your Google Tag Manager go to Variables, and click Configure:
- Make sure Page URL built-in variable is enabled:
- Open your Google Analytics Settings variable and define an additional custom dimension (make sure you use a proper number) with a ** variable as a value:
- Click Save and Publish the container.
- Make sure full URL is properly collected as a custom dimension inside your Google BigQuery GA360 data export.
This document was last updated on April 8, 2021. If you notice any gaps, outdated information or simply want to leave some feedback to help us improve our documentation, please let us know!